The Microsoft System Configuration Utility (MSConfig) can be used to enable or disable any software, services, boot parameters, device drivers and system controls. More info
View the event logs on a local or remote machine.
Displays diagnostic and troubleshooting information related to the operating system, hardware and software.
System Information can also be run through the Command Prompt by simply typing in “msinfo32”.
Provides the ability to schedule the launch of computer programs or scripts at pre-defined times or after specified time intervals.
Performs a scan of your computer’s physical memory and helps identify possible errors. Using this tool requires a reboot. Be sure to save any open documents.
- Press Windows + R keys
- In the Run windows, type mdsched.exe and press Enter
- Click Restart now and check for problems (recommended)
Note: Write down steps 4-8 before proceeding. Your computer will restart and you cannot use your mouse in the Memory Diagnostic Tool.
Your computer will reboot into the Memory Diagnostic Tool and run a basic memory test.
- Press F1 to stop the basic test and go into the Options screen
- Use the down arrow to select Extended
- Press F10
- Once the Memory Diagnostic Tool completes, make note of any errors reported
- Hit Esc to exit the tool and boot into Windows